Borderline Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental disorder characterized by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships. Symptoms may include emotional instability, feelings of worthlessness, insecurity, impulsivity, and impaired social relationships. BPD is widely estimated to affect 5 to 10% of the population. It can have a myriad of manifestations, there are core threads that run through most individuals that struggle with BPD:
Chronic emotional dysregulation; hyperarousal, “activated states” that are more easily triggered and last for longer periods of time than those without BPD.
- Chronic emotional dysregulation; hyperarousal, “activated states” that are more easily triggered and last for longer periods of time than those without BPD. Difficulty self-soothing.
- High levels of impulsivity and reactivity
- Interpersonal difficulties, unstable relationships throughout the lifespan
- Distortions in perception
- Identity disturbance and inconsistency
- A core of worthlessness
- Sensitivity to / Preoccupation with abandonment (related to a suspicion of worthlessness)
- For some, history of self-harming behaviors as a form of “addictive” self-soothing/preoccupying behaviors
- For some, chronic suicidal thoughts
Although some addicts do recognize the problems their addiction has created and seek treatment and recovery on their own, this is not the case with everyone.
LifeScape Recovery is fully accredited.
WHY DO PATIENTS CHOOSE LIFESCAPE RECOVERY?
Mental Health Focus
We focus on mental health & co-occurring disorders treatments
Mental Health Focus
We focus on co-occurring disorders and mental health treatments
We deliver a high level of individualized care
Experienced & Compassion Staff
We have over one hundred years of cumulative experience & a high success rate
Group & Individual Therapy
We are highly-skilled professionals, dedicated to providing exceptional care
We provide evidence-based case management
Enjoy safe environment where you can focus on recovery & healthy lifestyle
We accept most private & corporate insurances
We offer options to connect with people at all stages of recovery
Madison Lees Los Angeles
Very professional mental health clinic in LA with highly trained clinicians who truly care about their patients’’ well-being. I look forward to seeing them on a weekly basis. Highly recommend it to anyone seeking in-person or online outpatient mental health services, IOP and PHP programs in Los Angeles!
Brian McDowell West Hollywood
Lifescape Mental Health Treatment in Los Angeles helped save my life. The mental health IOP and PHP therapists are the most professional and accommodating people I have ever met. My anxiety and depression has been helped tremendously by the People at this Los Angeles Facility. Wish I could give 10 stars
Jordan Newsome LA
Such an amazing mental health treatment center! They treat depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction/substance abuse and I’m plenty more! I seriously recommend.
Kevin Valis Pasadena